BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Caleb is 6!

It's hard to believe that my miracle surprise baby is six years old! We celebrated joyously, as we love to do for birthdays! Caleb has been anticipating this birthday for awhile, and knew exactly what he wanted. It has a little story, actually. Caleb is VERY into Handy Manny, and all the boys even have their own set of Handy Manny tools. While at the store one day, Caleb was eyeing the other toys Handy Manny (Disney) had to offer. On the back of one of the toy boxes was a picture of a Handy Manny truck that converted into a tool bench. He was hooked. He wanted it. Bad. But, thing was, wal-mart didn't carry it. He NEVER actually SAW the toy. Just the picture on the back of the box. But boy did he talk about it, and how much he wanted it. Well, when Matt and I were in Spokane over our anniversary, we stopped by a Toys R Us, and wouldn't you know it, they had the very toy he was dreaming about. Matt and I picked it up, and hid it well here at home to surprise our Birthday Boy. He was SO excited when he opened his birthday present that morning! Matt and I swore we heard "We are the Champions" playing. HAHA! It was the best feeling! He plays with it all the time, and just lights up saying he has "one of his very own!"

Caleb: "It sure is a big box!"
Making his new signature "Silly Face".

His birthday was Friday, September 18th. Since he had school, I was able to make cupcakes for his class, and bring them in during snack time. Once again, Caleb was DELIGHTED! I went a little early, and was able to play with him during recess! I thought he would explode from joy! I thought I might, too. ;o)
It was also the day that he was assigned to be the classroom "helper", so he got to deliver the milk wagon to the class for each of the children to pick up their milk for snack time. He was so proud that Mommy got to see him helping!
Mrs. Genoway and the class sang Happy Birthday to him, while Mrs. Genoway moved his arms around for a silly dance.
Enjoying his cupcake!
Ready to go home! In the car, Caleb said "This was the best day ever!"
Then I cried. It really was!
The next day we had a party for him, and I made him his very own Oreo cake! Oreo's are my Big Boys favorite cooking, and he sure LOVED his cake!
We went to Pioneer Park to celebrate with friends!
Ate pizza....
Opened presents...
Played in the fountain...
Played at the park...
And had another wonderful day.
Happy Birthday my sweet boy! I treasure being your Mommy, and I love celebrating the magical day when God brought you into this world, and into our hearts.
You are my joy!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

WOW!!!! What a big boy our sweet Caleb has gotton to be! Looks like he had a AWESOME! Birthday! I cannot wait to get there in 3 days! to see that new Handy Mandy Toolbench!

Beth Twist said...

What a great way to celebrate! I sure wish we could have been there to join the festivities.

Newmommykai said...

We're sorry that we missed the party too... but It sounds like Sweet Caleb had a day filled with all the love that he deserves and that we wished for him!
I cannot believe that he is six!!! Holy cow! Time sure goes too fast!