BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Introducing: OLIVER!

I am SO excited about the arrival of our newest family member! Oliver joined us on August 28, 2009. When Jessie was here, she and I decided to just "visit" the local humane society. When we walked in, we saw several kittens, and none of them really caught my eye. Until one of the shelter workers pointed out this adorable stripped kitten with curled over ears. She said that he was a Scottish Fold kitty, and apparently, they are pretty rare. His little ears were curled over and he looked up at me with giant eyes. I have to admit, his eyes reminded me and Jess of Caleb's! ;o) I held him for a good deal of time, feeling him out, and letting him get used to me. I was a little concerned, because his temperament was much more docile than I had in mind. The lady helping us said that he was very timid, and didn't really purr much. It concerned me bringing a kitty like that into a home with 3 rambunctious little boys, AND a large dog. But as I held him, I just had a special feeling about him. So, we made the arrangements to bring him home! I cannot tell you how pleased we are with this little guy! His temperament is just PURRfect with our home! ;o) He allows the boys to snuggle him, pass him back and forth and carry him around the house. He is such a snugly lover boy! Not to mention he is very playful and purrs ALL the time! His first day home Jonah said "Shhh! Wisten! Da kitty sounds wike a motorcycle!" So true, he really does. I am so smitten with him, and as you can see, he is just about as adorable as can be!

Noah and Oliver snuggling
Those ears and eyes just melt my heart!

Oliver, Caleb and Lea playing

Sweetie Pie
Making Friends!
Getting into mischief already!

3 comments:

Neuropoet said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a cutie-pie!!! Of course, I have to admit that I love all felines - but Oliver really is that adorable... What a wonderful addition to the family... :) My boys will heartily approve!! :)

~Jenny

Ladners'Latest said...

Those ears are pretty irresistable!

Grammy said...

Oliver looks like he is fitting right into the family!!!!!!!!!!!