BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I remember...





Noah and Jonah...

Just two years ago, the Lord brought the two of you into our lives. You had been in our hearts for some time as your Birth Mom, Andrea, Daddy, and I prepared for your arrival. Looking back two years ago, there are so many things I remember. I remember how tiny you both were! Noah, you were only 4 lbs. 13 ozs., and Jonah... You were a tiny 5 lbs. 2.5 ozs. What happened?!?! ;o) I remember how scared I was for both of you, being so little, and needing to stay in the hospital for 9 days until you could eat without feeding tubes, and stay warm without needing your little incubators. I remember the beautiful moments that Andrea and I shared together, your mothers, holding each of you close and marveling at the miracle of your birth. I remember how hard it was for Andrea to say good-bye to you at the hospital, but how she felt so blessed knowing that you would be coming home to Daddy and I... to a family that could always take care of you, just like she wanted. I remember how Andrea and I hugged tightly. Each of us with hearts full of emotion, and forever bonded by our beautiful boys. I remember how the nurses and doctors at Queens Hospital in Honolulu took such wonderful care of you, and how they were so amazed to see how beautiful adoption can be, really, a joining of two families. I remember how your big brother was SO EXCITED to have you come home, and how he was so proud to tell everyone how he had TWO babies!!! I remember how Grandma Vonnie came to Hawaii for a whole MONTH to help Daddy and I take care of you. (You were both A LOT of work!!!) ;o) I remember how I ate a lot of tomato soup. I don't know why. But I remember that. I remember how our church in Hawaii was so excited to welcome you, and I remember Phyllis saying that you were God's babies, and that He had a plan for each of you.
I could go on and on about the beautiful things that I remember about what life looked like two years ago, and it was, it really, really was a joyful, amazing, exhausting, wonderful time. And yet I am struck that this time... the now... life with two beautiful two year olds, is even better! You have both brought so much joy to Daddy and me. The past two years have been full of growth, and fun, and this amazing sense that God has done something so big and wonderful by bringing you both to us, that it will take a lifetime to understand just how big and wonderful it really is. You are both so unique and gifted, and the overwhelming part is that Daddy and I get to watch as you grow, teaching you and loving you all the way. To God be the Glory, great things He certainly has done. So with that, I wish you both a Happy Birthday. And a thank you, for the past two wonderful years. Jonah, Noah, and Caleb, you are each our greatest life gifts.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Beautiful words. What a blessing kids are!!

Happy 2nd birthday to you two!

Neuropoet said...

Beautiful... children are such a blessing...